The energy system is changing, in turn changing the requirements on the electricity market actors. The shares of renewable power generation from intermittent energy sources such as solar and wind power will increase gradually to meet environmental targets. Simultaneously the electricity consumption behavior is changing through increasing micro generation, smart home automation and electric transportation. In addition, there are other challenges within pricing, trading and risk management in the electricity retailing business.
To meet these challenges Expektra provides tools and consulting services for both trading companies and end consumers who are active in the electricity market. Expektra possesses broad knowledge and many years of experience in the electricity market with unique operational knowledge background from various positions at different market actors.
In recent years the main focus has been on issues related to the physical trading and balancing management. Among other things, studies and analysis made regarding demand flexibility, primarily focusing on the commercial frames for enabling demand flexibility as resources within balancing management.
Expektra has extensive experience in:
- Electricity trading activities in both physical and financial markets
- Risk management
- Reporting and follow-up
- Analyses and studies
- Business-, process- and product development
- Project management
- Quantitative analysis
- Software development
- Development of prediction models
- Development and implementation of Excel and QlikView
Examples of services
- Establish monitoring and reporting using Excel or QlikView
- Analysis and mapping of site-specific demand flexibility as well as feasibility assessment
- Enable demand flexibility to relevant market or functionality
- Research, studies and analysis
- Strategies and the development of policy
- Description of the regulatory and market conditions
- Implementation and customization of Expektra tools and models
- Process development
- Specific training
Contact us to get more information.